CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, January 17, 2008

Aheville PUG meeting with Justin & Mary Marantz!!!

Last night Clint and I went to the Asheville PUG (Pictage User's Group) and had a blast! I really thought Clint would be bored but I think he talked more about it on the way home than I did -- and that was a LOT! It was so much fun, and the special guests who came to speak to us all the way from Connecticut were none other than the uber fabulous Justin and Mary Marantz! I was so excited to meet them and they were kind enough to indulge me with a pic for my blog! They actually posted one on their blog as well, and when I saw it this morning I could have died! My children said "Mom you are famous!" LOL Here I am with Justin and Mary -- the nicest people you will EVER meet!

These were taken at the Stoneridge Tavern in Asheville, NC. Its a family owned restaurant and has the most incredible food! I should have taken a picture of how huge my onion rings were but I just dove in instead. If you are ever in the area you have to eat there.
I sat next to Jason Tench of Blue Mountain Photo Works out of Greenville, SC. We had chatted via email prior to the PUG meeting but this was our first face-to-face! Jason is a wonderful photographer and also a very nice person as well. He claims he can make better Starbucks coffee than Starbucks can -- and I'm going to find out! Here is Jason and me:


Regina Holder is our fabulous PUG leader. She kept everything running smoothly and made sure we had a good time! Regina is on the right speaking with Honour Hiers. I was truly overwhelmed meeting all of you -- and can't wait to do it again!
Here is Clint listening to everything everyone said! The very nice guy next to him isn't a photographer either so they had so much to talk about! :-) I caught them in a silent moment but trust me, this was probably the only one!

Justin Marantz and Corey McNabb talking...

Mary Marantz (on the right) and Sophia Jekic', who realized at the wrong moment the camera was pointed at her!


I have always wanted to meet Corey McNabb! He is such an awesome photographer and does workshops and shares with other photographers. Very nice person -- and he has my card!!! I don't actually know that he kept it but I screamed to Clint when we got in the car "Corey McNabb took my card!!!" LOL


It was such a magical night that it began to snow as we were eating! That led for an interesting drive back down the mountain, but we got home safe and sound and everything is all beautiful and white today!

Couldn't leave out a pic with my sweet hubby! Clint was freezing but still posed for this shot of us in the snow! How cool is he?


Thanks for a great time everyone! I can't wait to do it again!!!

4 comments:

regina holder said...

We are so glad that you were able to come to the meeting last night! I hate that you had to slide back down the mountain in the snow and ice. Your husband was so nice to drive you. I'm looking forward to getting to know you better.

Corey McNabb said...

Thanks for coming up to hang with the Asheville crew! And yes, I kept your card, silly! Looking forward to seeing you again.

Holritz Photography said...

You got to hang out with all of my favorite people! So fun!

a

Detra, Matt 19:26 said...

I can't believe I am sitting here reading comments from Regina Holder, Corey McNabb and Amber Holritz!!! My life is now complete...as soon as we add [b]ecker and Jessica Claire and DJ and ... LOL Thanks for the great comments everyone! I truly adore your work!!!