CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, October 19, 2008

Saturday

Today was supposed to be a working day. I had an 80th birthday party to capture and then I planned on catching up on editing while my husband went hunting. Funny how things don't work out like you plan them.
As I was getting ready for the birthday party I noticed I had a voicemail on my phone. I have a loaner phone this week as my old one was messing up...well, the loaner phone is worse than the old one if that can be possible so I am heading to the store ASAP to make them switch it!! Back to the message. It was my brother, Jody. He was calling to let me know that if I wanted to see my Daddy I should come this weekend.
My Dad was diagnosed with liver cancer earlier this year and his health has been declining. Its strange how one day a person is fine and then a couple of weeks later they are ready to leave this world. My Grandmother passed away in February and I still can't get over that. She was mean, LOL, but she was mine. I miss her so much. I have missed a lot of my life with my Daddy. Its only going to be by the grace of God that I get through this.
So, today I went to an 80th birthday party -- beautiful woman, good spirit, great family -- and then I went to sit by my Dad's side. Just being there was good for me. I didn't get editing done and Clint didn't get to go hunting. My 6 yr old niece in Arkansas got a doe and rubbed it in that she was a better hunter than her Uncle Clint! That was funny for her -- not for Clint! ;-)
I want to go back tomorrow and just be there, just be surrounded by this side of my family that my heart has ached for but that I haven't had a connection with for so long.
There will be no funeral, just a cremation. No newspapers, no frills. He wants it that way and my Step-Mom, Nancy, is being so good to him and making sure everything is the way he wants it to be. She calls him BabyDoll. It makes him happy, and that makes me happy. Please pray for us during this time, and hopfully all will be fine soon.

Detra
Matt 19:26

0 comments: